Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC, Sunnyvale, CA. September 2012 - present.
- Member of the Video Distribution Edge team.
- Member of the Comcast Premises Technology - Tools team.
- Subject Matter Expert on the Legacy Server software, supporting 50 million devices.
- Participated on the X1 Continuous Delivery/DevOps team, where we created a OpenStack/Puppet based system for the deployment of the X1 related application software.
- Leading Automation Effort to bring the Continuous Delivery concepts to the Legacy Server team.
TekSystems/TVWorks, LLC. Mill Valley, CA. September 2010 - September 2012.
- Member of the TVWorks BackofficeApps team as a consulting engineer employed by TekSystems
- Responsible for the server side software that services 20+ million set top boxes for Comcast Cable.
- Solved production side problems, implemented bug fixes, performed releases and all around go to guy for C code server issues.
DIS International Information Systems, Ltd. Novato, CA. October 1983 - December 2013.
- Worked with ORBiT Group (see below) to develop and implement online backup technologies for the HPe3000 and HP9000. As the result of the successful consulting projects, this position became a full time position in 1991 and lasted through January 2002.
- Participated in a project to maintain a RETS portal for Southland Regional Association of Realtors.
- Maintained portions of the libRETS library for the Center for REALTOR® Technology at National Association of REALTORS®.
- Architected and implemented real-time OS on Z280 P.
- Developed database transaction rollback and recovery system for the Oakland As Baseball Club Ticketing System.
- Developed a pension management system for Robert Haber, Inc., San Francisco, CA.
- Developed and implemented Configuration Management for MB Foster Associates, Ontario, Canada. Provided staff consulting and assisted in the development of client/server modules for MBFs Data Express.
- Architected and implemented a virtual workspace manager for Bradmark Technologies, Inc. that allows workspaces of greater than 4 gigabytes.
- Architected and implemented a Unix Performance analysis API for AIX, Solaris, HP-UX and Linux on behalf of Bradmark Technologies, Inc. that interacted with kernel resources at a low level.
- Provided Technical Review services to Prentice Hall for the book "J2EE and Jax", by Mike Yawn.
- Obtained a multi-year, multi-person contract with Hewlett-Packard Company. This and other contracts with Hewlett-Packard have spanned 20 years. Under this contract:
- Worked on initial development of software for PA-RISC in HPs Distributed DataBase Lab. This included developing a migration cookbook to help the other team members migrate software from the CISC to RISC architecture.
- Developed DBCHANGE, a database restructuring tool marketed by HP.
- Developed IQUERY, a database query tool.
- Worked on GNU/G++ port to PA-RISC.
- Participated in JAVA port to HPe3000.
- Participated in the TurboIMAGE migration to PA-RISC. Responsible for translating and porting critical code sections from assembly on the CISC machine to PA-RISC.
- Developed script driven testing tool DBCSHELL to exercise DBCORE, HPs relational database engine.
- Participated in the Warm Standby database project.
- Ported HP-UX Floating Point Emulator, written in PA-RISC assembler to the HPe3000.
- Investigated improvements to HPs Pascal variant in order to produce higher performance output.
ORBiT Software Holding, AG, Berlin, Germany/ORBiT Software, Inc, Danville, CA. May 1991 to February 2002 (also see above for consulting).
- Increased R&D team 10 fold; average employee retention of seven years.
- Achieved consistent annual releases of multiple, new-version mission-critical software products, with multiple components and significantly increased functionality, to worldwide customer base.
- Responsible for fostering long-term relationship as a key technology partner of Hewlett-Packard.
- Took product line from conceptualization to market, generating multi-million-dollar sales and service revenues.
- Responsible for R&D, key architectural decisions and corporate software engineering practices.
- Managed over one million lines of source code.
- Staff relationship to international support team - provided offline support and training.
- Senior project management, from design through release.
- Developed and managed software for multiple platforms
abacus systems, inc. San Francisco, CA.
Vice President, Consulting Services
- Led a development group that did custom application software for various industries, including Real Estate, Container Shipping and Leasing, and Medical and Dental offices
AFG Financial Systems (acquired by Standard & Poors Fixed Income Systems). San Francisco, CA.
- Participated on a team to develop a municipal bond portfolio managers system. This system was the ultimate reason that AFG Financial was acquired by Standard & Poors.
Various technical publications appearing in Interex Magazine, a publication for users of HP equipment.
Co-authored and co-taught a class on data base technology sponsored by the Interex Association.
Outstanding Contributor HPe3000 Presented by Harry Sterling, General Manager, CSY, Hewlett-Packard Company, 1999.
Special Recognition Presented by the Board of Directors, Interex Association at the 1998 HPWorld Conference.
Former Member, Board of Directors, Diversified Insurance Services, Flint, Michigan.
Former Member, Board of Directors, ORBiT Software.
Member, Board of Directors, DIS International, Ltd.
Member, Board of Directors, Klein Realty Company, Atlanta, GA.
Former Member, Board of Directors, OpenMPE, Inc., Hagerstown, MD.
Former Member, Board of Directors, Jazz Jam Playoff, A Charitable Organization, San Rafael, CA
University of Michigan
School of Business Administration
Ann Arbor, Michigan
(Graduated BBA with a concentration in finance)
University of Miami
Coral Gables, Florida
(Majored in Systems Analysis)
Top of Page